Caffe Umbria Barista Level 1 is a certification class consisting of 4.5 hours (10 am to 2:30 pm with lunch provided).
The course consists of:
Morning Session: Coffee 101
- The origin and history of coffee
- Methods of farming and production
- Countries of origin
- Types of bean roasts
- Methods of extraction
- Coffee cupping and tasting
- Special qualities and taste profile of espresso Italiano
Afternoon Session: Espresso 101
- Proper use, cleaning and maintenance of an espresso machine
- Proper timing of an espresso shot
- Calibrating and adjusting the grind for the perfect shot
- Stretching/steaming milk
- Basic drink composition i.e. espresso, espresso macchiato, latte, cappuccino
The Registration fee includes tuition, a complimentary bag of coffee to take home (retail value $15), plus a lot of coffee to drink during the day of class! Lunch is also provided, so please inform us of any dietary restrictions.
*Registration fees are non-refundable but can be used as a credit for future classes if an advance notice of 48 hours is received via email. No shows or notices of less than 48 hours are subject to charge, with exceptions granted by management for unforeseen circumstances.