Caffe Umbria Barista Level 1 is a certification class consisting of 4.5 hours.
The course consists of:
Morning Session: Coffee 101 (10 am - 12 Noon.)
- The origin and history of coffee
- Methods of farming and production
- Countries of origin
- Types of bean roasts
- Methods of extraction
- Coffee cupping and tasting
- Special qualities and taste profile of espresso Italiano
Lunch will be provided (12 pm)
Afternoon Session: Espresso 101 (12:30 pm - 2:30 pm)
- Proper use, cleaning and maintenance of an espresso machine
- Proper timing of an espresso shot
- Calibrating and adjusting the grind for the perfect shot
- Stretching/steaming milk
- Basic drink composition i.e. espresso, espresso macchiato, latte, cappuccino
The Registration fee includes tuition, a complimentary bag of coffee to take home (retail value $15), plus a lot of coffee to drink during the day of class! Lunch is also provided, so please inform us of any dietary restrictions.
Barista Level 1 Certification is $199.
For Caffe Umbria wholesale customers we are offering a special discounted rate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code to use upon check-out.
*Registration fees are non-refundable but can be saved for any courses scheduled at other dates.